Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Money, money, money....

The scandals about party funding appear to have died down somewhat, but I certainly don't expect them to be over by any means.
It seems to me that there has to be some sort of lasting and workable solution. This means, in my view, that we need to reach a situation where parties do not need to expend so much effort raising money. That means a downsizing: spend less money and there won't be the need to raise so much.

Of course, both parties really don't want this, and its interesting to see both the union funding and the money of rich individuals justified on a number of politico blogs. It appears to me that we need to move to a situation where the need to raise such large sums is no longer necessary. I have yet to hear a good case against this.

No comments: