Saturday, April 09, 2005

Labour canvasser calls...and that burial in Italy

The Labour canvasser called today. I explained to him that as things stand, I probably won't be voting Labour, largely because of the Iraq war, and beacuse i don't wish to support the candidacy of Claire Curtis-Thomas MP. He gawped stupidly at me. I know well from previous experience that canvassing is largely done to identify supporters rather than discuss on doorsteps, but just a tiny stir of brain activity would have been helpful, and some attempt to discuss the issues with me.

The celebrity funeral of an ageing bigoted Pole took place today in Italy. What sort of collective hysteria exists which produces that sort of reaction. And if someone with those sort of views is a 'spiritual leader', then I choose not to follow.

No comments: